Monday, May 19, 2014

I'm up! I'm up!

Oh, this morning 4:30 was a rude awakening.  I really wanted to sleep another couple of hours. It was all I could do to try and comprehend the WOD as I read it from my phone.  I forced myself to get up and go, and figured it all out when I got there.


For time:

15 Hang squat snatch (Men 115#, Women 75#)
30 Hand release push-ups
60 Lateral barbell jumps
12 Hang squat snatch
24 Hand release push-ups
48 Lateral barbell jumps
9 Hang squat snatch
18 Hand release push-ups
36 Lateral barbell jumps

My time:  18:24 - scaled to 55#

So, I've been having this pain in my leg since last week, and I've been thinking it might be another damn stress fracture.  Really don't need a setback like that, at all.  Today when I started the lateral jumps, it kinda hurt, but only if I landed at an angle.  So I slowed down and did my jumps as "square on" as I could.  Super slow, but no pain.  After going home and foam rolling and massaging it for a while, I'm inclined to think it's just a sore, knotted up muscle. We shall see.  I'll go for a short run this week and see how it holds up.  And, I think I'll book myself a massage. 

Anyway, this WOD was actually kind of fun, even though I was well into the 6:00 class finishing up. 

Strength today was Hang Squat Snatch
rep scheme:  3-2-2-1-1-1-1
My loads:  45-50-55-60-65-75-80


No comments:

Post a Comment