Wednesday, September 4, 2013

“THE AIRFORCE WOD”


For time:

20 Thrusters
20 Sumo deadlift high pulls
20 Push jerks
20 Overhead squats
20 Front squats

Men will use a 95lb barbell. Women will use 65lbs. Each athlete must do four burpees at the beginning of every minute before moving on to the barbell work. The athlete is allowed to move to the next barbell skill once an he/she has completed all 20 reps. If the minute clock beeps during a repetition the athlete will complete their rep and then start their four burpees. There is a 20min cap.

My time....well, it really doesn't count because I scaled the hell out of it, but I finished at 11:44

Here's what I did:
21 thrusters  (Yeah  21...why?  I have no idea...CrossFit Brainwashing, perhaps?)
15 SDHP
10 push press
10 OHS
10 front squats

Thrusters went like this:  4 burpees, 11 thrusters, 4 burpees, 5 thrusters, 4 burpees, 4 burpees, 5 thrusters.  Really. 
Then I think I broke up the SDHP 4, 6,  5 with burpees in between, of course (at this point I had "scaled" to 3 burpees per round)
The PP I did in an unbroken set, between sets of burpees, of course.
The Front Squats were broken into two sets of 5 with burpees in between.

Ugh.  Seriously, I totally let this WOD get in my head.  But the funny thing is, all day yesterday, I was pumped up about it thinking "I've got this", and "I'm gonna kill it" and all those positive thoughts.  I was ready for it. Until I woke up...and I got all nervous and remembered how bad it really is in real life. 

Anyway...I worked.  I sweated.  I burned calories.  Good enough for today.  I will move on.

The warm up included a 400m run and a 500m row, and then each of these as a "sprint".  We all know how much I love sprinting.  Ha ha!  I did surprise myself with a sub 2 min run, however!

Run 400m = 1:56
Row 500m = 2:04.9

Tomorrow has to be better - I was told there are no burpees.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment