Friday, September 20, 2013

TGIFFF!

What a week!  I'm sore all over, and ready for a rest day!

Today's workout was tough, but really pretty fun.  I was surprised at having to break up 20 kettlebell swings, and that ultimately cost me completing a third round, but I still got further than I thought I would.

As many rounds as possible in 25 minutes of:

200 Meter farmers carry (Men 45 lb plate & 55 lb kettlebell, Women 25 lb plate & 35 lb kettlebell)
100’ Overhead walking lunge steps (Men 45 lb plate, Women 25 lb plate)
20 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
10 Handstand push-ups

My rounds:  2 + 5 HSPU (Rx weights, 2 abmats for HSPU)

I was just FIVE reps short of three rounds.  Five reps!  I know where I rested and where I could've made this up.  But I still had fun with it.   There was a light rain, and I really didn't want to go out in it, but actually it felt pretty good and cooled me off a bit.  My shoulders and traps are totally trashed now.

Strength today was Back Squats.  Don't mind if I do! 

Rep Scheme:  5-3-2-2-2
My loads:  85-105-135-165-185

These felt pretty good today, even after all the squats we've done this week.

TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment