Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Squatapotamus

Today's strength was Death by Front Squat.  I didn't mind this too much at all, since the first rep of each one was a squat clean, and I love those!  I selected 85 lbs, and probably shoulda/coulda gone to 105.  I made it through all 10 rounds, so that's 55 front squats.  I'll feel that later today. 


And then the WOD

21 Burpees
42 Pull-ups
15 Burpees
30 Pull-ups
9 Burpees
18 Pull-ups

My time:  11:57, scaled PLU to 21-15-9

I scaled just like I did on the compare to date.  This time I was almost a minute faster.  Still, the burpees sucked.  I had to make some mental adjustments just to get myself to stay for the workout.  Breck said I had a bad attitude, and I quickly corrected him.  :)  I have a great attitude.  I just happen to hate burpees.  Ha ha ha!! 

On the positive side -my pull ups felt pretty decent today, although they were slow as usual.  I had one set of 7, and some 5's.  Other than that, doubles and triples.

No comments:

Post a Comment