Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Half way there!

Glad to have this morning's workout behind me - half way to the weekend.  Although, I won't have a day to sleep in super late, I can at least sleep to 8:00 on Sunday.  I need my rest!

Yesterday I went for a run, and the weather was way hotter than I had anticipated.  I cut it short at a mile and a half.  I had a feeling we'd be running today.  Sure enough - we did the Jenks Mile.

Jenks Mile:

400 m = 1:55
200 m = 0:57
400 m = 2:04
200 m = 0:54
400 m = 2:15
Total time:  12:05
Total run time:  8:05

Strength today was to find a 15 rep max Overhead Squat.  I have become so weak on OHS!  I got up to 70 for the 15 rep.  I really need to work this lift more.

WOD:

5 Rounds for time of:

15 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
15 Overhead squats

My time:  9:22, scaled to 55#, and 10 reps of each lift per round.  

Both of these lifts used to be on my list of favorites.  Now they just wear me out.  I was able to do the OHS unbroken at this lighter weight and rep scheme.  The SDHP were another story.  First 10 unbroken, but after that it was all broken up.  They kill my hips and I can't breathe right.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but definitely need to work on these.


No comments:

Post a Comment