Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Jerry"

We had a choice today between these two:

Jerry

For time:
Run 1 mile
Row 2K
Run 1 mile

OR

Severin

50 Strict Pull-ups
100 Push-ups, release hands from floor at the bottom
Run 5K

If you’ve got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.


I chose "Jerry"

My time: 30:12 - PR by 30 seconds!!!

Ok, let's start with the fact that I'm fighting off a cold. I debated on even getting out of bed, but I truly think that sometimes exercise can actually help get rid of a cold faster. As long as it hasn't moved into my chest and my breathing is okay, I can work out. Right? Right! So, I went into it with the thought that I'd give 100% and see what happened.

Well, what happened is I set a new PR!


At first I was disappointed because I wanted to finish under 30 minutes, and I was pushing pretty hard on both runs. Then, when I looked up my previous PR, I was super excited!! Thirty whole seconds!! Yessss!!! My running still isn't fast by anyone's standards but mine, however, I am loving the fact that these "barefoot" running shoes have eliminated a lot of hip, knee and ankle pain, and have me feeling a little lighter on my feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment