Monday, January 31, 2011

Yay deadlifts!

Before my back started acting up, this would have been a dream workout for me. But since I'm trying to be careful, I scaled down. Still, I loved the workout and look forward to doing it again when I can go heavy again.

For time:

21 Deadlifts (Men 225 lbs, Women 155 lbs)
400 Meter Run
18 Deadlifts (Men 225 lbs, Women 155 lbs)
400 Meter Run
15 Deadlifts (Men 225 lbs, Women 155 lbs)
400 Meter Run
12 Deadlifts (Men 225 lbs, Women 155 lbs)
400 Meter Run

My time: 15:09 unbroken w/105 lbs

Went light on the deadlifts, concentrated on form. This is a light weight for me, but enough weight that I got a good workout. I would have loved to do this one at Rx weight, but I'm being smart about it and trying to build back up to heavier loads as my back allows.

The warm-up was fun this morning. Tabata double-unders, which really just made me laugh. I got a total of 27...for the whole thing. Ha ha. Then we did forward rolls - the floor is too hard for me! And we did hand-stands with spotters.

With the storm system coming in, I'll probably be working out at home the next few days. I need to check my son's old room for dumbbells - he "borrowed" mine a long time ago and I wonder if he left them. I could get in a few good dumbbell workouts at home. If not, I have a pullup bar, a wallball, and of course, there's always body weight exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment