Thursday, January 13, 2011

Insert Catchy Title Here

We did this one a year ago and I did everything as prescribed in just over 16 minutes. Had to modify today because my back is still not 100% and I don't want to make it worse. That's one of the things I continue to love about CrossFit. I can still get a great workout, even if I have to modify. :)

3 Rounds for time of:

20 Kettlebell swings (Men 70 lbs, Women 45 lbs)
15 Box jumps (Men 24″ box, Women 20″ box)
10 Push jerks (Men 155 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
5 Push ups

My time: 10:05

modified as follows for my back:
35lb kettlebell

stepped box jumps instead of jumping
65 lb push jerk


I am SO ready for my back to be healed up again so I can do prescribed weights, etc. It is feeling somewhat better, but I think it's just going to take some time, so I will have to continue modifying everything until then.

Today's strength component was squat snatch
rep scheme: 1 every 2 minutes for 20 minutes
my loads: 45-55-55-55-65-65-70-70-75-75

All of the lifts felt really solid and since I kept my core really tight, no back pain. A little bit of pain when putting the bar down, but minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment