Monday, January 10, 2011

“The Law Man”

5 Rounds for time of:

15 Push ups
15 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
15 Pull-ups
15 Push jerk (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)

My time: 29:27, Rx weight, but only did one round of pull-ups

So, the low back pain from heavy deadlifts last week continues to plague me today. I iced and heated my back over the weekend, and felt a bit better this morning, but it's just not 100% yet. I'm incredibly frustrated about it. I was able to do the SDHP and the push jerks today, but had to be very conscious of making sure my core was tight in order for it to not hurt. When I got on the pull up bar, I was fine on the "up" part, but at the bottom of the swing on my kip, it was excruciating. I got through 15 pull ups on the first round and decided to forego them for the rest of the workout. I hate modifying. I hate feeling like I can't keep up. *sigh* It'll pass, I'm sure, but I think I am going to stop going so heavy on deadlifts from now on. I'd rather go light on those and be able to do workouts as prescribed than to be modifying everything because of one day of lifting. Live & learn. ;)

Strength component today was Front Squats. I went really light:
rep scheme: 3-3-3-3-3
my loads: 55-65-75-85-90

1 comment:

  1. You're smart to baby the back, even if it is frustrating. You'll heal faster and you'll return with a healthy back and a reserve of drive ;)

    ReplyDelete