Friday, January 21, 2011

Bad Weather...Good Stuff

As usually happens in January, we had a small snow/ice storm and since I live at the top of a really big hill, I"m stuck at home until it either thaws out, or the city sends a plow to clear the hill.

Yesterday, I was lazy and didn't exercise at all. I cooked carnitas, and white queso which made the house smell wonderful and was a great primal winter meal.

Today, I got up and did this WOD:

Blackjack
20 push ups, 1 sit up
19 push ups, 2 sit ups....
and on down the ladder to
1 push up, 20 sit ups

My time: 27:25

This morning I wanted pancakes. I have tried coconut flour waffles/pancakes and they were a big disappointment, so I decided to try a recipe for almond flour silver dollar pancakes from Elana's Pantry (http://www.elanaspantry.com/). I did change one thing: I use raw honey rather than agave nectar because it has a lower glycemic index than agave nectar.

They turned out great! They had a light texture, very similar to regular pancakes. Served with a little maple syrup and bacon, they were a great breakfast, and there were no leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment