Friday, January 7, 2011

TGIF!

3 Rounds for time of:

800 Meter run
30 Sit-ups
20 Pull-ups
10 Ring dips

Post time to responses.

Well, once again, my back is a mess. It felt pretty good after rowing that 5k yesterday. I did some stretching and kept a heatint pad on it. I know I should be icing it...and I will do that today and alternate heat/ice this evening. I should be good as new in a few days, but it is frustrating to me to be modifying workouts. However, I'm trying to be smart and safe and not make things worse. I know that when I do a pull-up and the pain in my low back gets worse, it's not wise to do more pull ups. So, today I modified the WOD as follows:

3 rounds for time of:

Row 1000m
30 abmat situps (unanchored)
25 bar dips

My time: 26:34

Each round when I transitioned from the rower to the abmat the pain was ridiculous, but after I would lay on the abmat for about 30 seconds and relax, then I could tighten my core and just go for it on the sit ups with no pain. Anyway, I got a decent enought workout today. Hope next week to be back to normal.

Strength today was bench press. I'm relatively unskilled at bench press, so I look forward to the opportunity to get better at them. Kept it light today:

5 ea @ 55-60-65-70-75

No comments:

Post a Comment