Thursday, January 27, 2011

Good Morning!

3 Rounds for time of:

30 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
25 Wall ball shots (Men 20 lbs, Women 14 lbs)
20 Pull-ups

My time: 22:40 Rx

I am constantly amazed by the guys in the 5 am class being so fast. Granted they are much younger and way more fit than I am...but it took me twice as long as the fastest guy. They are just amazing athletes. The toughest part for me was the wallball, though it should be the easiest out of this WOD. With the kettlebells I am able to just mentally block out the pain and keep going. I need to develop that with the wallball shots and maybe I could speed up some. My pullups felt great and I had a few decent sets. Need to work on my grip and re-gripping during sets.

I pushed myself really hard today; I feel like I'm giving my best effort. This workout reminded me again why I love CrossFit. When I feel like I'm going to puke or die or pass out, and I just keep pushing and finish strong I feel so great for the rest of the day.

The warm-up today included an 800m run. Ok, the temp was like 22°! I swear I could feel my skin freezing about the half way mark. I had snot running out my nose and freezing on my face. I know - gross!!! Fortunately there was no wind. And it honestly felt good to run - it's been a long time since we did any running. I'm hoping to get out the next few days and do some running after work while the weather is nice. Saturday afternoon brings another cold front, and I'm strictly a fair-weather runner when it's optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment