Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sick...

I started out last weekend having a great date night with my husband on Friday and then tailgating with friends on Saturday. All the while, unbeknownst to me, a vile, creepy stomach virus was mounting a sneak attack that would hit me about 2 am on Sunday. The next 36 hours were a constant blurr of dragging myself, drooling and moaning, from the bed to the bathroom and back again, only to pass out until the next round. Misery...pure misery.

Yesterday I managed to eat maybe 600 calories worth of food. Thinking I was pretty well rested, I got up and headed to the gym this morning, only to find out how wrong I was. I barely made it through the warm-up, before I realized I was kidding myself by even being there. This was a big disappointment, because both the strength component and the workout looked like an amazingly fun morning. But, it was not to be. I went home and crawled back into bed for an hour and then showered and headed to work.

I'm planning to work half a day, and rest half a day. Definitely going to eat some good meals, and hopefully by tomorrow I'll be ready to work out again. Hopefully. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment