Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bear Claws?

No...?! Bear CRAWLS! I'd rather have a bear claw. Ha ha. Really, I never even liked those things. But this morning it sounded way better than bear crawls. I will admit, however, that this was a fun workout, even if it wasn't deep fried and sugar-coated.

For time:
500 Meter row
100′ Bear crawl
400 Meter run
100 Double unders
400 Meter run
100′ Bear crawl
500 Meter row

My time: 19:46 Rx

So, I started out pretty strong and even did ok on the dreaded bear crawls. I figured out if I just almost let myself fall on my face, and throw my hand down at the last second, I can go further, faster, but after a while it just starts burning everywhere, quads, hamstrings...it burns.

The double-unders are what killed me on this WOD. I did manage to have several sets of 10 or 12 unbroken, but I'm working way too hard at them still. When I get fatigued they seem to come a lot easier. I just need to relax.

The warm up today included a few rounds of the Bear Complex. First with a bar, then with a weight of our choosing, as a group, then with a weight of our choosing on our own. I chose 95 lbs for my weight and had major issues with the push press. For some reason I couldn't lock out. When I started doing more of a push jerk, I had better luck, but honesty I don't think my heart was in it. I failed at 4 sets on the first try and failed at 3 sets on the second try. So, I got in 7 sets, but...can't really count it. (Try telling my muscles it doesn't count!)

No comments:

Post a Comment