Friday, November 26, 2010

Fun Friday!

***EDIT***

I actually did 145 lbs on the deadlifts. My math skills are totally lacking. ;)

*************

7 rounds for time of:

5 Handstand push-ups
10 Deadlifts (Men 185 lbs, Women 125 lbs)
10 Chest to bar pull-ups
20 Double-unders

My Time: 32:18
2 abmats for HSPU
pullups not chest to bar (regular kipping)
scaled up to 135 lbs on Deadlifts


Since I had to modify the HSPU and I've yet to get a chest-to-bar pullup, I decided to scale up on the deadlifts, since it's something I enjoy and something I'm actually good at! I managed to do all of the deadlifts unbroken too!! So, even though I didn't do everything "as rx'd" I feel awesome about my effort on the deadlifts.

It's always fun to work out with different people that I don't see at the 5 am class. Shanna was next to me during the workout and I tried to keep up with her, but that only lasted about 2 rounds. Good job Shanna! :) Some of the guys chose to run 400m in place of the double-unders. Way too cold for me! I had a few good sets of double-unders, but by the end it was one, then stop, one, then stop. Ugh.

The surprising thing for me was how winded I was after the deadlifts, going into the pull ups. I managed one good set of 6 and the rest pretty broken up, mainly sets of 4 or 3.

I still thought this was a fun workout...when it was over, of course!!



1 comment:

  1. I tried this without the pull-ups (and my own list of modifications). Wow, brutal. You did great.

    ReplyDelete