Wednesday, September 3, 2014

What day is it even??

Oh, what a great holiday weekend!  Had some friends in from Houston for several days.  We picked them up from the airport on Friday morning and proceeded to go into full party mode.  We drank, we swam, we ate.  Oh, the food!  Sushi.  Pasta.  Homemade Ice Cream.  Chicken Fried BACON!! Fajitas.  Steaks.  Biscuits and Gravy.  And on and on and on. Not to even mention the volume of beer we put down. I am not touching the scales for a week, minimum. 

So, back at it today.  It felt super great to have a barbell in my hands.  Our strength was Hang Power Cleans and I was working on the assumption that my 1 rep max was 135.  I was so wrong.  Ha ha!  My 1 rep max was actually 115.  But I didn't have a clue.  So, I lifted heavier than I should have, but surprisingly I did great. 

Hang Power Clean
5 x 3 @ 85
5 x 2 @ 105
5 x 1 @ 115

WOD:

Helen
3 Rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
21 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
12 Pull-ups

My time:  16:40, Rx

This is a dismal time for Helen. However, I have not run in about two months, and I was super slow.  Add to that my pull-ups were all done in sets of two.  Haha!  Yeah.  Slacker, I know.  I did do all the KBS unbroken if that counts for any points.  I was trying to make up time on those.  Anyway, it felt awesome to run.  No pain, and I think I'm going to enjoy these new shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment