Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 4

Promised myself I would make it 5 days in a row this week.  I had to force myself out of bed this morning.  The WOD consisted of two things that are not "in my toolbox" as Breck puts it.  Ah, but I can always get a good workout, so I went anyway.

Here's what was posted:

With a 20 minute time limit:
1 L pull-up
2 One legged squats (alternating legs)
2 L pull-ups
4 One legged squats
3 L pull-ups
6 One legged squats
4 L pull-ups
8 One legged squats
etc....

Here is what I actually did:

1 strict pull up, 2 pistols holding onto parallel bars, 3 GHD sit ups
1 strict, 1 kip PLU, 4 pistols, 6 GHD sit ups
1 strict, 2 kip PLU, 6 pistols, 9 GHD sit ups
1 strict, 3 kip PLU, 8 pistols, 12 GHD sit ups
1 strict, 4 kip PLU, 10 pistols, 20 air squats, 15 GHD sit ups

Then went AMRAP for remaining time with this rep scheme:
1 strict, 4 kip PLU, 30 air squats, 15 GHD sit ups


Got in 4 rds plus 10 squats

Totals: 35 pull ups, 30 pistols, 130 squats, 90 GHD’s

Strength today was front squat.  It's been a while!!

rep scheme:  5-3-2-2-1-1-1
my loads:  85-95-105-110-115-125-135


After the WOD I was complaining about this huge knot in my calf muscle.  Jeremy kindly offered me a lacrosse ball to massage it with.  He actually massaged it a bit, and pressed down on the knot - he has strong hands!  Thought I was gonna pass out.  Haha!  That knot is super tight and sore.  I'll work it out though.  Whew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment