Wednesday, September 24, 2014

“The New Nurse”


As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
9 Burpee box jump on and over (24”, 20”)
24 Kettlebell swings (55#, 35#)
67 Double unders

My score:  2 rounds + 52 double unders

Holy moly!  My double unders need work again.  It's been a LONG time since I've done any considerable number of them. Between having a stress fracture and letting that heal up, and having two respiratory infections this summer, my cardio endurance has tanked!  Even when I could string together some decent sets, my lungs would just go "uh, no f*cking way" and I'd have to stop and rest.  Anyway, I have whip marks all down my left arm from the rope slashing me when I tripped a zillion times

I did, however, do all the kettlebells unbroken.  Ha ha!  3 sets of 24.  I guess that's respectable, right? All in all a decent workout. 

Strength today was a mish-mash of bench press, pull up, rope "climbs", and double unders.  I"ll just say I participated and leave it at that.


No comments:

Post a Comment