Friday, February 22, 2013

TGIF!

Finally Friday! 

We worked on power snatch today.  Not my strongest lift, but a fun one.  I just need to be faster under the bar.  Our strength today was 7 sets of 3 touch & go power snatch.

My loads:  45-50-55-65-75-85-85

A few of my lifts felt just awful, particularly at 85#.  I did split snatch on the last set of three, and that felt much better.  I did enjoy lifting today though.  No aches or pains.  :)

WOD:

7 Rounds for time of:

7 Handstand push-ups
7 Power snatch (Men 115 lbs, Women 75 lbs)

My time:  12:17, scaled

We started off the WOD and my first three lifts were horrible.  So I immediately peeled 10 lbs off the bar and scaled to 65# for the remainder of the WOD.  Much more manageable.  HSPU became quite comical after a couple rounds.  I was using 2 abmats and probably made contact with them less than 50% of the time.  Ugh.  I know...I know...

But it's FRIDAY!!  And this makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment