Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy St. Valentine's Day, Jackie, and other stuff

Happy Valentine's Day.  Hope everyone has a Lovely day.  I returned home from CrossFit to find a very special heartfelt letter from my husband.  Way better than any greeting card.

I am loved. 

****

 “Jackie

1000 meter row
50 Thrusters (Men 45 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
30 pull-ups

My time:  12:20, Rx

My tired body did not want to get up this morning, but I needed to embrace the idea of 50 thrusters, and start my day off right.  They were light ones, at least!  And I felt awesome after the workout.  I almost always do.

My pull ups continue to be slow.  But I do get over the bar every time - form and function over speed, right?  I just have to be mindful of that.  I'm getting the work done and that's what matters.

And speaking of what matters, I've really had a terrible attitude lately.  First off, because I have been dealing with some strained muscles in my low back from front squats.  However, I'm coming back around and feeling healed up.  So my attitude, as of now, will be a focus on the positive, and everything else will fall into place. 

Part of my attitude is that lately there have been some things at the box that have kind of gotten under my skin.  And I realized today I've just got to let them go and move on. And I will, just as soon as I finish this blog.

Much as I would love to rant on about a few things, I will display a little restraint and elaborate on just one item:  When you are given an opportunity to set up your gear before the WOD, and you're allowed to choose a spot to do certain elements of the WOD (as is always the case at CFJ), please make certain you remember where your spot is.  Don't go take someone else's spot or someone else's gear as if it were set up especially for you by some  magic CrossFit Fairy to give you a better workout experience.

It's just rude and selfish.  

There I feel better now.


Front Squats:  yes I did these today too!  10 x 3 @ 85
 

No comments:

Post a Comment