Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday, Weigh-in

Okay, I weighed again this morning and nothing.  Haven't lost a flippin' ounce.  WTF?  I am eating right: strictly paleo/primal with two cheats per week and some beer on Friday.  Granted this week I did also have ONE chocolate martini for Valentine's day, but seriously?? That was my only "extra" and I didn't lose any weight at all!?  

Here's what I think the issue is:  The focus at CFJ has switched to strength for quite some time now, and I understand that philosophy, and I do enjoy lifting and getting stronger.  I get it.  But our metcons have become very limited.  Our WOD's are typically 10 or 15 minutes.  That's just not working for me. 

So I'm going to have to change strategies.  I'm thinking M-W-F CrossFit, with whatever programming is set out for us.  Then on T-TH I'll either run in the neighborhood, or go to CF and run or row during the strength programming and then do the WOD.  And I'll continue to throw in a run on the weekend.  In any case, something has got to give - I cannot continue to carry around this extra weight.

Today's WOD:

As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes of:

3 Muscle ups
6 Sumo Deadlift High Pull (Men 115 lbs, Women 75 lbs)
9 Burpees

My rounds: 4 + 2 SDHP
(I subbed 3/3 pull ups/dips for m/u)



Strength today was Back Squats

warm up sets @ 85, 115, & 150


Work sets:  10 x 2 at 160#   (I did 7 or 8 sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment