Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Hump Day

Damn those flannel sheets again!  So warm and cozy.  It took some convincing to get me out of bed today.  I have so much going on at work, I needed the workout to get me moving and clear my head, so that was my motivation.  Whatever works, eh? 

Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:

10 Wall ball shots (Men 20 lb ball, Women 14 lb ball)
10 Toes to bar
10 Box jumps (Men 24″ box, Women 20″ box)

My rounds:  5 + 3 ttb

I was 6 reps down from the "compare to" date of 9/29/11.  I did better on wall ball today than I have in the recent past, though.  I rested a little too much on box jumps.  Stepping down rather than jumping takes a bit more time, and I had one "miss" that scared the heck out of me.  Hate that!!


Strength today was squat snatch.  One lift every minute on the minute for 15 minutes.

my loads:
35-45-55-60-65-70-75-75-75-80-80(f)-80-80-80(f)-80

On the two lifts where I failed, I know my mistake.  I was letting my butt rise too soon and this was throwing the bar too far out in front.  One of the 75# lifts was a power snatch...no reason why, other than it just felt right.  Ha ha!

I'm kinda starting to enjoy Wednesdays - most everyone else takes a rest day so it's a much smaller class.  Today there were 6 or 7 people, compared to 20+ yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment