Friday, April 20, 2012

TGIF!

3 Rounds for time of:

21 Pull-ups
12 Front squats (Men 185 lbs, Women 125 lbs)

My time: 12:04, scaled fr sq to 85# and used a rack


Woke up so tired this morning, I felt like I was drunk driving to the gym. Finally started to come around during the strength WOD. I was dreading the pull ups today, but actually did quite well on them, relative to my normal performance. I started the first round with 11 unbroken. Quite an accomplishment for me. I managed several sets of 5 and 6 in the other rounds, so that was my small victory for today. I scaled the front squats in the interest of actually finishing the workout. 125 lbs is doable, but would have taken me forever. Plus I went from a rack, to avoid cleaning the bar. Managed to keep the intensity high and get a good workout.

Strength today was Squat Cleans. I love Squat Cleans. I wish I hadn't been so tired, I might have gone for a PR today. But I enjoyed them just the same.

One rep each at:

65-75-85-95-105-115-120

All of them felt pretty solid and landed squarely on my shoulders. I did have a moment on the 115# lift where I got so deep in the squat I wondered if I could get back out of it. But, no problem! Popped right back up!

TGIF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment