Thursday, April 26, 2012

"The Bear Complex" and an unnecessary collision

7 Sets of the sequence:
Power clean
Front squat
Push press
Back Squat
Push press

5 Rounds

 Rest as needed between rounds.

 My loads: 45-55-65-70-75

Went light today just because I was feeling tired. Got a decent workout, and was not at all disappointed about going lighter. I love this workout because no matter the weight you choose it is always a good solid workout.

So, I'm bopping along, thinking what a great day it's going to be. Good workout. Good hair day. Early for work. Sitting at a stoplight, minding my own business and I look in the rear view mirror and see it. There's no way that car is going to stop and then WHAM!!!! She hits the car behind me. I tense up, knowing what's coming...WHAM. The second car hits me. Ugh. Really? My car is only 6 months old. I do not need this. Instant headache but I'm okay. Got checked out by EMSA and then by a really cute Jenks Fireman. ;)

I'm going to the chiropractor later to get checked out and x-rayed. But I think I'm just fine. The young girl who caused the accident wasn't so lucky. Her airbags did not deploy and she hit the steering wheel with her chest. She was traveling about 40-45 mph, and never hit the brakes. So, the impact was horrible. I hope she comes out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment