Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy Hump Day!

3 Rounds for time of:

500 Meter row
21 Burpees
12 Kettlebell swings (Men 70 lbs, Women 55 lbs)

My time: 18:46, scaled to 45 on KBS

My first inclination this morning when I looked at the posted WOD was to stay in bed. Burpees!? Really?! Then I figured, I'm awake...might as well suck it up and get my butt to the gym. So I did. Started out feeling pretty sluggish and nauseated. Always nauseated, but some days are worse than others. I just live with it and try not to complain much.

Anyway after the warm up and post-warm up warm up, we did the WOD and I really thought I was doing pretty well until I looked up from my 14th burpee in the 1st round and everyone else was getting back on their rowers for the 2nd round. Ha ha. I'm slow...I know. But hey - I finished the WOD and that's all that matters. Love the kettlebell swings - should've done the Rx weight of 55.

After the initial warm-up, Breck offered us the following options to do before the actual WOD:

1. work on a skill or make up a lift we missed
2. run a mile and do (i forget how many) body weight bench press
3. the jenks mile (400m, 200m, 400m, 200m, 400m with a minute rest between each)

I chose the Jenks Mile. I needed to run. I wussed out of an an afternoon run I had planned yesterday, so I really did need to run. The weather was perfect for it this morning too! So, here are my times:

400 – 1:50
200 – 0:50
400 – 2:01
200 – 0:52
400 – 2:02

Total time with rest= 11:35

No comments:

Post a Comment