Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Great morning!

I had an incredible morning at CrossFit. Not that I did anything really spectacular or incredible, but I just felt good about being there, good about lifting heavy and good about actually having my mind right toward the workout.

I did have a couple of failed lifts, but was so excited to have put up 125 lbs overhead. It's been a while since I've had a heavy jerk like that and it felt good. I think mentally I was just ready to feel strong again.

The workout kicked my butt, however. Still it was fun, even though I was slower than slow today!

WOD:
As many rounds as possible in 8 minutes of:
7 Push jerks (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
14 Toes to bar

My rounds: 2 + 7 pj + 3 ttb, Rx

Great workout but I was just slow on the toes to bar. Then after the grip started failing my form started breaking down on the jerks. Anyway - had several that felt awesome. I had to do split jerk on the last 7. And I have several bruises on my chest from not receiving the bar on my shoulders. Not sure what's up with that...fatigue?

Strength was clean & jerk 1 lift every 2 min for 20 min

My loads: 65-75-85-95-105-115-120(f)-120-125-130(f)

failed on the jerk on the first attempt at 120 - just didn't lock out, let my core get loose and dropped it. Got it on the next one though. On the 130...well that was just a mess. I didn't make the clean, and somehow got my left thumb bent backwards, and in trying to wriggle out of that, dropped the bar on BOTH legs just above the knee. Bruises will show up later today, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment