Wednesday, January 11, 2012

“Nicole”

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:


Run 400 meters
Max rep Pull-ups

My score: 5 rounds, 36 plu (7,7,7,8,7) and a 200m run at the end


This was a decent workout to come back to after 18 days of drinking, laying on the beach and eating whatever was put in front of me. I managed to run several times on my vacation, so I think that helped a little. But as far as strength - I lifted nothing heavier than my suitcase, most days nothing heavier than a beer. Oh, and I did a little bit of Limbo. But that's another story.

Here are a few pictures from our trip. We went to Jost Van Dyke, in the British Virgin Islands. The beach we stayed on is called White Bay. Huge New Year's Eve party on the beach during the day, and then an even bigger one that night down the road at Foxy's in Great Harbor. If you ever get the chance to go there, do it!

(If you're one of my Facebook friends, you've already seen these.)



My husband, Allan, at White Bay


Me at White Bay


One day in lieu of running, we did a 5 mile hike of the island. The summit is roughly 1070' and the views are spectacular. Here are a couple of shots from that hike:

Early morning at White Bay

New Year's Eve day party at White Bay



Sunset at White Bay


New Year's Eve, also known as Old Year's Night on Jost Van Dyke. Good times!


The Baths at Virgin Gorda: Huge Granite boulders deposited in an ancient uplift form natural tidal pools, tunnels, and arches that are open to the sea. The largest boulders are about 40 feet (12 m) long.



See What CrossFit can do for you? I can now lift HUGE granite boulders!! ;)



And, last but not least, our favorite meal in the Caribbean - Lobsters!



No comments:

Post a Comment