Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Monday!

WOD

With a 12 minute time limit, go for total reps:

800 Meter run
40 Burpees
30 Toes to bar
20 Handstand push-ups
10 Muscle ups

My reps: 57

Got to 17 reps on toes to bar...burpees really eat up a lot of time. Felt good to get out and run. Now I'm kicking myself for squandering that perfect weather yesterday. I should've got out and gone for a nice long run.

Back Squats:
5 @ 85
3 @ 125
10 x 3 @ 150

Some sets I felt really weak and some sets I felt really strong. I think it's all about foot placement and core control. When I try to just rep out 3 in a row really fast, it's too sloppy and feels awful. When I concentrate on taking a deep breath and tightening my core, getting low in the squat, they feel great.

**********

Crazy day at work so far. Super stressful. Wish I could go for another workout and take my aggressions out on some more back squats!

2 comments:

  1. With your abdominal workout at the end of your exercise session, try incorporating it into your strength core workout. Between exercise sets, choose one or two abdominal exercises to do and perform 10-15 repetitions of each, and then move on to your next weight machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzie - Hi. Uh...I dont't use weight machines, nor do I do an "abdominal workout at the end of my exercise session". Did you even read my post at all?

    ReplyDelete