Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lotsa Pushups!

For time:

500 Meter row
50 Push-ups
400 Meter row
40 Push-ups
300 Meter row
30 Push-ups
200 Meter row
20 Push-ups
100 Meter row
10 Push-ups

My time: 13:44 - scaled (did half the number of Rx push ups each round)

A fun workout, even scaled. If I were a bit faster on push ups I would have gone Rx, but I wanted to maintain good form, and I feel like I did. Chest to floor, no snaking, good lock-out at the top every rep.

I know I'm not perfect but I'm damn sure trying to maintain the best form possible with every rep. I was amazed a few times when I looked up - the horrible form I saw some of the guys using. Holy crap! One guy was about 5" from the floor on each rep that I saw him do - chest never touched the floor. Not a single one of his reps would've counted in a competition. Why even bother if you're not going to do it right? His loss though, I guess. I'd never call a guy out on it unless I was officially judging him, but I see a lot of bad form, especially with push ups. (And again, yes, I know I'm far from perfect, but I do know my chest touches the floor on every rep, and I lock out at the top.)

Anyway....

Strength today was Front Squats. Went light today. 10 x 3 @ 105

No comments:

Post a Comment