Monday, January 30, 2012

Late post...rough morning.

Running a little behind this morning. Had to go to the dentist and ended up traumatized for the day. Let's start with I hate the dentist anyway. I mean, not personally...he's a nice guy. Just the act of going to the dentist, for anything other than routine cleaning.

Anyway, today's visit was not supposed to be painful. But due to a complete miscommunication, it was horrible. I was being fitted for a bridge, and we had discussed doing a removable one due to the fact that there was no pain involved. I even commented as he lowered the chair, "no pain, right" and he says, "no, no pain". And then, before I could figure out what was going on, he had swabbed my gums and was already injecting me to deaden my nerves - before I could even say no!

In a full blown panic attack (yes I have these in relation to needles of any kind, most especially in my MOUTH!) I stopped him and asked basically "WTF is going on??!!", to which he replied "Well, we're doing a fixed bridge so I have to prepare this tooth for a crown". I said, "No, no no...we agreed on a removable one so that there would be none of this pain and stuff." Well...by that time I was a complete freaking mess. He let me settle down for a while and then proceeded with the tiny bit of drilling necessary for a removable bridge. By no means did I need any injections!

Anyway, I went to my "happy place" for the remainder of the fitting, mentally going over this morning's workout rep by rep, thinking of the hang power cleans and how good they feel when you nail them. Yep, CrossFit was my happy place today!

WOD

3 Rounds for time of:

400 Meter run
15 Hang power cleans (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
30 Lateral jumps over barbell

My time: 16:45 - 85#

Back squats: 10 x 3 @ 125

No comments:

Post a Comment