Thursday, January 19, 2012

Is it Friday yet??

As many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:

250 Meter row
20 Pull-ups
15 Deadlifts (Men 225 lbs, Women 155 lbs)


My rounds: 2 + 111m row, Rx


This was just as tough as I thought it would be. I also guessed I would get right at two rounds. It's the pull ups that got me. I'm so slow on them. After all this time CrossFitting, you'd think I'd be better/faster at them, but repeatedly hauling 150 lbs up to the bar is a pretty tall order for me some days. I did the first set on the bar on my lifting platform and they just never feel right in there. Took me for ever! Second set I did on the cage and they felt better, but still I was getting sets of 4 and 5 at best. Meanwhile, Paige walks up next to me and flies through 20 butterfly pull ups in the time it takes me to do about 7 kips. Sad. Sad. Sad. I mean - awesome for her, but sad for me.

Anyway, this was a good solid workout, which left me laying on the floor gasping for air at the end. That's what I show up for!!

Strength was Front Squats today. Last week I did the same as B at 120 lbs, but that was honestly too much for me. I backed it off to 110 today. 10 sets of 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment