Thursday, September 29, 2011

Worth Waking Up!

I had a pretty decent morning at CrossFit! I don't mean to say that this is unusual, but lately I've been lacking sleep and haven't had a lot of faith in myself at the gym. But today...was fun!

First we did our warm up and then agility drills and then instead of the 400-200-400-200-400 we usually do, we ran an 800 for the CF Level testing. I'm a slow runner, we all know that. So I was thinking 5 minutes for an 800 would be about right. Figured anything under 5 was gravy.

Well...I got some gravy! My time was 4:07, and this is by far the fastest 800 I've ever run! So I set a new PR. I love doing that.

Proud? Yep! I am!

Then it was on to the Wendler Bench Press. I commented and told Breck I didn't think I was making any progress on them. Well, I was wrong. I got three reps at 100 lbs. Back when we started this program, 100 lbs was my ONE rep max. So I have improved for sure!

Then on to the WOD

Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:
10 Wall ball shots (Men 20 lb ball, Women 14 lb ball)
10 Toes to bar
10 Box jumps (Men 24″ box, Women 20″ box)

My rounds: 5 + 9 TTB

Not any world record here, but it was a fun workout and I enjoyed it. Life is good and today it was definitely worth waking up so early for my hour at CrossFit!

No comments:

Post a Comment