Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Searching for Normal

Last week on Wednesday, my mom passed away. I managed somehow to get up every morning and hit a CrossFit class to keep some sense of normalcy and control. But the stress and grief take a toll on your body, so I've just been exhausted.

Yesterday I enjoyed a nice bike ride with my husband, and it felt good to get out in the beautiful weather.

Back at CF this morning, I loved deadlifting again. The lifts felt good and I felt strong. I think I set a 5 rep max! :) So, I'm hoping to start sleeping better, and feeling some sort of "normal"
again soon.

Wendler Deadlift:
warm up sets: 5-5-3 @ 100, 125, 150
work sets: 5 @ 175, 3 @ 200, 5 @ 225

WOD:

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
15 Back squats (Men bodyweight, Women 2/3 bodyweight)
25 Burpees

My rounds: 3 + 15 squats and 1 burpee
2/3 should have been 100 lbs, but I was going from the rack so I scaled up to 105

1 comment:

  1. So glad you kept up with your workouts while you were going through such a tough time. I'm sure you needed the physical release, even though you felt so tired, and I'm sure you needed your friends around to support you. *hugs* Glad you are coming back to feeling more normal, but give yourself as much time as you need.

    Also, OMG, one day I will be as awesome at deadlifting as you. I was torn up last week doing 7 sets of 12-13 at 95#. Sore for 4-5 days kind of torn up! But it was the first time my glutes and hammies have ever been sore after deadlifting, and I'm told that's a great sign I'm finally getting my technique to where I can actually get stronger. Thanks for continuing to be my inspiration on this lift. :)

    ReplyDelete