Monday, September 12, 2011

Courage and Grace

Courage is grace under pressure. ~Ernest Hemingway

"Grace"

30 Reps for time of:
Clean & jerk (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)

My time: 9:35 Rx

Not a PR by any means, but I truly felt solid form on 29 of these 30 lifts today. I concentrated on form, took my time, and although I was somewhat disappointed with my slow time, I finished the workout. I had one clean that I let the bar get too far out from my body and one jerk where I felt like I finished poorly, not getting my head through. Grace is still my all-time favorite, and I shall one day have a new, much faster PR. It will happen!!



I've been quite a mess lately. My nutrition is horrible. My sleep patterns are all messed up. But today all that changes. I cannot continue this way. Nutrition is an easy fix, so it's fixed. Clean meals are lined up for the entire week. Sleep patterns will follow because I intend to add some evening exercise to my routine. That usually helps me sleep.


Wendler Shoulder Press - deloading week. 5 ea @ 35-40-45

2 comments:

  1. Do your trainer tell you how many Lbs you have to have on everytime? dont you find your own max?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sets the "prescribed" weight for the workout. We can choose to scale down to a lighter weight.

    ReplyDelete