Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ouch!

1-2-3-4-5-5-4-3-2 & 1 rep rounds for time of:

Muscle up
Burpees (multiply each round x 3) (For example: the 3 rep round would be 9 burpees, 4 rep round would be 12 burpees)

My time: 26:55, modified as follows:

2-4-6-8-10-10-8-6-4-2 Pull ups and assisted ring dips in place of muscle ups; burpees as Rx.

There was nothing good or fun or easy about this workout. It was misery from start to finish. The recommended sub for muscle ups was 3 times the number of pull ups and dips, but I would still be there if I had attempted that. Every muscle from the middle of my ribcage, all the way up to my neck and shoulders is killing me at this moment, almost 2 hours after I finished the workout. Mainly my shoulders and neck, but wow...what a workout! And I don't mean "wow, what a good workout", I mean, "holy shit, I hate that workout and never want to do it again". Yeah, truly it was awful. If you're thinking of skipping a WOD this week, today would be a good time.

************

So, in the warm up we had a choice of working push press or muscle up progressions. I chose muscle up progressions because I really need to at least attempt to make some progress in this area.

The first order of business is going to be for me to get my ring dips in working order. So, today instead of doing bar dips in the workout, I chose to do band-assisted ring dips. With the band I can get some depth. I suppose the same would hold true on the bar dips, but I figure by working with the rings, I can gain the ability to stabilize the rings and keep them close in to my body while I'm using the band to assist me. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment