Wednesday, October 27, 2010

B

This morning, I'm going to talk a little bit about my friend B. Her name is Bershunda, but she actually prefers to be called "B". She and I met at a CrossFit bootcamp, two and a half years ago. We have continued to do CrossFit together and just about a year ago we both made the decision to move to CrossFit Jenks.

B is one of the kindest, sweetest people I have ever met. She is an amazing athlete - one of the strongest CrossFitters I know. B is about 20 years younger than me, but encourages me and pushes me (especially with lifting) as if I were her age. I can honestly say I have advanced quite a bit because of her encouragement.

I had the honor of attending her wedding last summer and have enjoyed hearing her occasional stories of being married, and how she and her husband Anthony are getting along.

Early this summer, B found out she is expecting her first child, and I couldn't be more thrilled for her and Anthony. This is where B becomes even more amazing to me. Here she is about five months pregnant, still showing up for CrossFit and still just killing the workouts! She is such an inspiration to me. She never gives up, and still pushes herself to do the best and the most she can do. Some days she doesn't even look tired during the workouts (compared to my frantic gasping for air)!

One of the best parts of CrossFit is the "family" of people you work out with every day, and B is one of my favorite CF family members. B, if you are reading this, you are one of my biggest heroes in life! Thanks for being such an inspiration to me.

WOD:

3 Rounds for time of:

400 Meter run
15 Handstand push-ups
30 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)

My time: 19:08, 2 abmats for HSPU

Strength: Shoulder press, Push press, Push Jerk

Rep Scheme 3-3-3

SP: 55-70-80
PP: 85-95-105
PJ: 110, form breaking down...ugh

I unloaded the bar and just did several reps of split jerk with the bar. I know I have gone much heavier on a jerk before, but not sure what is going on with my form. Just feels horribly awkward the last two times we have done these.

1 comment:

  1. Angie you are so sweet to write such nice things about me! I feel exactly the same way about you. You are so funny and make me laugh every morning. Honestly I would have likely quit doing CrossFit a long time ago but seeing your dedication inspires me to keep going. You have such a great attitude and honestly give it your best every morning. You are the poster child of CFJ and truly demonstrate what is so great about CrossFit. You push yourself to your limits and amaze me every week with your new PR's.

    Although I am excited to be pregnant, I can't wait to get back to working out hard and pushing myself. I'm not sure that I will ever catch up with you but I will enjoy being able to partner up with you again. Allen is extremely lucky to have such a fit and great looking wife!!!

    I feel honored to have met you 2+ years ago and have enjoyed getting to know you. You are a "true" friend and for that I am grateful.

    Keep up the FANTASTIC work and get that handstand push-up before 2011! I am exercising vicariously through you. :)

    "B"

    ReplyDelete