Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dear Wallball, I have not missed you!

3 Rounds for time of:

25 Wall ball shots (Men 20 lb ball, Women 14 lb ball)
20 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs
15 Kettlebell swings (Men 70 lbs, Women 45 lbs)

My time: 15:47 Rx

It's been a good long while since I've done a WOD with wallball shots, and I have honestly not missed them. But they felt okay-ish today. I did pretty well on the first round of 25 and after that they were all broken up.

The surprisingly difficult part of this WOD was the SDHP. I usually excel at those, and can usually make up time in a WOD by flying through them. But today, I think the most 'unbroken' I got was a set of 8. Wow!

Still, as much as it pains me to admit this...it was a fun workout. Sometimes I need reminded of the variety of elements available in CF and how good it is to keep things switched up. So, wallball, even though I haven't missed you, apparently I still need you. :-)

Strength today was Front Squats.
Rep scheme: 1-1-1-1-1-1-1
My loads: 85, 105, 115, 125, 135, 145, 155

Still trying to feel my way into where I should be on front squats, as I haven't done a whole lot of them. Today I hit 5 lbs over my body weight, and felt like I could have gone heavier after that last lift, but was out of time and had done my 7 lifts. So, next time I will aim higher!

No comments:

Post a Comment