Friday, October 22, 2010

“The Adam Bomb”

10 Rounds for time of:
15 Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
9 Toes to bar
5 Burpees

My time: 28:40 Rx

Wow! This was a tough one for a Friday. Before we got started, I kept thinking, "how in the world am I going to get through this one?!" The answer: one rep at a time.

Andy was estimating around 17-18 minutes so I was thinking it would take me at least 30. After the third round I was thinking, "I'll just do five rounds and take a DNF". But, as it always goes when I start thinking that way, once I hit that half way point I'm thinking, "why in the world would I quit now?"

I've only had two DNF's in my whole CrossFit career, one when I nearly passed out because I had the flu, and the other was after 4 rounds of Eva and the next class was starting. So, even though I pretend to give myself the option of quitting sometimes, it's never really an option for me. I would be so disappointed in myself.

So the end result ended up being better than I expected. I came in under 30 minutes, and now I'm all jazzed up for the day with a lot of energy! And I'm ready for the weekend!!

TGIF!

1 comment:

  1. I totally do that mental thing of thinking about just not finishing. It's like a defense mechanism against the pain of the WOD, or something. :) Once my back craziness is settled down, I wanna try this one! Toes to bar is something I only recently have been able to do, and I need to practice practice practice.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete