Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Madness

21-15 & 9 rep rounds for time of:

Thrusters (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)
Kettlebell swings (Men 55 lbs, Women 35 lbs)
Burpees

My time: 15:42 Rx

Two things I really don't like to see on a Monday morning - thrusters and burpees. But I DID THEM, and I actually finished the WOD faster than I thought I would. There was a 20 minute time limit and I was guessing it would take me 22. I obviously underestimate myself sometimes. ;)

We did our strength component after the WOD again. I'm not sure if this arrangement helps or hurts. I mean, I'm already warmed up, but I'm also pretty wiped out. I guess it's all the same?

Back Squats
10 @ 135
10 @ 145
10 @ 145


Planning to get in a few 2-mile runs this week after work - the weather is perfect!!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, underestimate much? :-p

    For me, doing the strength work afterwards is a toss up. For certain movements, I get better numbers if I'm warmed up, even if that means I'm more tired. Like OHS -- almost always better after a WOD. But strict press -- better when I'm "fresh".

    Nice backsquat #'s. :)

    ReplyDelete