Friday, November 1, 2013

TGIF!

B told me yesterday that today's WOD would be awful.  But really, I had no idea!  I saw this posted, and wanted to go back to sleep.  Since I'd been awake for 30 minutes, anyway (bah!) I decided to get up and go push myself through it. Running isn't that awful.  Is it?

With a 35 minute time cap:

Run 1600 meters
Rest 3 minutes
Run 1200 meters
Rest 2 minutes
Run 800 meters
Rest 1 minute
Run 400 meters

With the remaining time, do as many rounds as possible of:

5 Deadlifts (Men 275 lbs, Women 185 lbs)
10 Burpees

My total run time:  32:00
My rounds:  1 round + 5 burpees


I felt like I was running in a nightmare today - super slow, no matter how hard I tried to go faster.  I'm just glad I wasn't running from zombies or something.  They would've caught me today.  My left ankle was killing me at the start, but it finally went numb, or maybe it loosened up.  I couldn't tell which.  Either way, it stopped hurting. 

By the time I got to my bar and took off my jacket, I had about 2:40 left on the clock.  I figured I might get in two rounds, but I came up just short of that by 5 reps.  It didn't really break my heart though.  I'm done for the week, and ready for some rest!!

Strength:  deadlift
rep scheme:  3-3-3-3-3
my loads:  105-135-155-175-185

TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment