Tuesday, November 19, 2013

JT-ish

Today the prescribed WOD was JT, but I modified it because of some pain I'm having lately, specifically when I do dips (and a few other moves).  Really I couldn't define it - was it shoulder?  Was it neck muscles?  I did some poking around up there, and located the exact spot from where the pain originates.  With my vast knowledge of Google, I've diagnosed it as a strain of the pectoralis major at the clavicular head. Sounds fancy, huh?  Basically, where the pectoral muscle attaches at the head of the collar bone, it hurts and is sore to the touch.  Apparently I just need to do some stretches and some trigger point massage and I'll be fine.

And if any of you readers are doctors, you can laugh at me, or confirm my diagnosis.  Either way, doesn't matter.  :)

"JT"

21-15 & 9 rep rounds for time of:

Handstand push-ups
Ring dips
Push-ups

My time:  11:56 - modified

I did HSPU with 2 abmats, but instead of dips I did ring rows, because the dip is where I was feeling the above mentioned pain/strain.  And for the push ups, I did hand release and really concentrated on staying super strict.  I think my push ups are getting way better. Thanks, in part, to this ab challenge I'm doing at home.  The plank holds really are getting tough!

Strength today was 50' walking lunges with a barbell - 4 rds
my loads:  35-55-55-55


No comments:

Post a Comment