Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Back Squat Love

Ah, good ol' back squats.  I was plenty happy to be doing back squats today.  I love the days when the WOD is more strength focused than cardio.  Which probably means I really need to work more on my cardio.  I know.  ;)


WOD

21-15-9 Rep rounds for time of:

Back squats (Men 135 lbs, Women 95 lbs)
Toes to bar

My time:  8:10 Rx

Normally I would wuss out and go from a rack on this, because I hate cleaning the bar and then taking it to my back.  More specifically I hate the taking it to my back part.  It scares me.  But I managed okay and went Rx on this one - from the ground.  I did all the back squats unbroken - yay me!  Toes to bar were not too awful, though my kip seems to be just completely gone these days.    I was proud of my time today and super excited that I did something Rx for a change! It's been a while.

Strength today was, of course, back squats!

Rep scheme:  5-3-2-2-1-1-1
My loads:  85-105-115-135-155-175-185

All my lifts felt pretty good once I got past the sound of my knees cracking.  Yuck.  Sounded like bubble wrap popping.  On my lift at 175# I noticed I leaned slightly forward on the way back up.  Such a bad habit and a good way to get hurt.  But I'm fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment