Wednesday, April 20, 2011

CF Open WOD 11.5

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 20 minutes of:

5 Power cleans (Men 145lbs, Women 100 lbs)
10 Toes to bar
15 Wall balls (Men 20lbs to 10′ target, Women 14 lbs to 9′ target)

My total: 6 rounds, 5 Cleans, 2 Toes to bar = 187 reps

Totally pleased with this. A little frustration with my grip and my left shoulder on the toes to bar, but I did the best I could do and pushed through. Breck was judging me and, being the awesome coach that he is, he is also a great motivator! I wanted to give up in that last round but he yelled at me and pushed me and told me to suck it up, and I got those last 7 reps!! I have to say it felt pretty good!

This whole CF Open has been a good experience for me. It has taught me to push myself a little harder than what I think is 100%. In other words, I've spent a lot of time in CrossFit thinking I'm giving 100% when truly it's about 90%. So, I have more in me...I just need to gut up more often; dig deeper and push harder!

The Games website also posted the 11.6 WOD last night, and I felt pretty doomed after reading it. It's a thrusters and pull-ups ladder, with the pull-ups being chest-to-bar. Bummer for me because I've never been able to do a chest-to-bar...

UNTIL THIS MORNING!!!!

Yep, that's right! I got my first chest-to-bar pull-up during the warm up. Actually I did two of them. So there is hope for me to get some reps in WOD 11.6 next week after all!

What a great morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment