Friday, May 7, 2010

TGIF!

As many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:

7 Right arm dumbbell power snatches (Men 45 lbs, Women 25 lbs)
7 Left arm dumbbell power snatches (Men 45 lbs, Women 25 lbs)
3 Muscle ups*

*For muscle ups, I subbed 6 pull ups and 6 bar dips using the smallest band.

Total rounds: 5+ round 6 of snatches and 1 pull up

***********
This was a good, fun workout today! I enjoyed the strength component this morning which was also dumbbell power snatches, 5 sets of 3, each arm. I actually did 6 sets of 3, but failed on the last rep of the 6th set at 45 lbs. Damn that left arm!

My weights: 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 (fail last rep)

I was actually surprised that the 45# felt as good as it did. I probably could have gone heavier on the right arm, but the left one is just not that strong yet. This was a good strength day -I always enjoy lifting!

**********
I measured this morning and I am down 1-1/2" in my waistline, 1" in my hips, and 1/2" in my thigh since January. I don't get on the scale much because that number is just a head-game with me, and I don't need that. Last time I weighed (mid-April) I was down 5 lbs from January. Small diet changes are working, and B's results with Primal Blueprint are encouraging me to make more changes in that direction. I love the way I feel and look right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment