Friday, May 14, 2010

“Annie”

50-40-30-20 & 10 rep rounds for time of:

Double unders
Sit-ups

My time: 16:10, Rx (PR)

I worked my ass off to get through this workout as prescribed. For about 95% of the double-unders I did a single jump in between. I had a few double-double and one set of three doubles in a row, a slight improvement, but still a long way to go. But the bottom line is I DID ALL 150 DU's!

A few malfunctions slowed me down today. First, my rope kept hitting my ponytail, so I had to stop and take that down. Then I had hair sticking to my sweaty face. Gross, but comical. Then, about mid-way through the 30's, my Buddy Lee snapped right in half!!! I tried to tie it back together and got one double-under out of it while Breck grabbed me another rope. Then, at the very end, when I called "time" and started to rest, Breck reminded me that the WOD ended with sit-ups, not double unders, so I still had to get in my 10 sit ups. Ha!

And now I need to order a new rope.

Our strength component today was dead lifts. For some reason I am STUCK at 225. I know I have lifted more than this, and I know I CAN lift more than this, but for some reason, 230 will not come off the ground. It's mental, I know it....gotta get my mind right!
*
TGIF!



No comments:

Post a Comment