Saturday, May 15, 2010

5K

Got up this morning to decent running weather, meaning it was not raining for a change. The Jenks Aquarium Run was this morning and I've been looking forward to it for a while. They also held a 1/2 marathon and a 1 mile fun run/walk. I had a goal of 30 minutes or less for the 5K and thought I could do it.

Checking my splits at the 1k, 2k, & 3k marks, I was spot on for a 30 minute finish, but something happened after that. My breathing was a mess, I tried to really focus on getting back into a decent breathing pattern, but started with the wheezing that sometimes happens when I run. Sort of like asthma-ish. I don't know what it is, but I kept pushing as hard as I could, reminding myself of stuff Breck yells at us during workouts "push through that pain and discomfort" and I finished the race at 31:46. Not horrible, but not my goal. So, I'll keep training, and enter another one. There are 5k races almost every weekend it seems like. And I can always go out and do one on my own.

It was good to see a few people I know from the Health Zone, and CrossFit. A decent morning, all in all, and now I'm just waiting for Ron's to open so I can have my Saturday Cheeseburger!! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment