Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Harder than it looks...

21-18-15-12 & 9 rep rounds for time of:

Push press (Men 115 lbs, Women 75 lbs)
Box jumps (Men 24″ box, Women 20″ box)

My time: 16:02 Rx

At first glance this didn't look so bad, but then I noticed the 18 & 12 in there. Usually 21-15-9 is plenty. Just sayin'. Anyway, I went into this thinking it would take me a minimum of 20 minutes. I really feel like I pushed as hard as I could, because I wanted to at least be at 20 minutes, and I surprised myself by making it right at 16. And, in hindsight I recall taking an extra few breaths during my rests. So, I could have picked the bar back up a bit sooner a few times, and I could have been under 16 minutes. I will work on this - the mental part of the game is half the battle!

Warm-up today included 3 rounds of
3 weighted pull ups
5 strict pull ups
7 kipping
5 muscle ups (or progressions, or in my case, beginner ring dips)

I only got through 2 sets. But I did succeed at the weighted pull ups, first one with a 10# weight, then the rest with a 5# weight. Had to drop between every strict pull up, and rest. Good practice, and I know it'll make me stronger. Full range of motion ring dips are going to be a while in coming...which means muscle ups are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment