Wednesday, April 21, 2010

“The Todd”

3 Rounds for time of:

800 Meter run
25 Sit-ups (unanchored)
15 Pull-ups
10 Thrusters (Men 95 lbs, Women 65 lbs)

My time: 26:47 Rx

Really don't know what my problem was today, but I was super weak and tired. The first 800m I just wanted to give up, and I rarely think like that. I didn't eat a whole lot yesterday because I just didn't have much of an appetite, but would guess I probably had about 1000 calories. I can't think of any other reason I would be feeling so "off". Anyway, I pushed through the workout and finished it. My time was horrible. The one thing that felt good was my pull ups.

We worked on snatch balances for the strength component and I brought the bar down right on my spine at one point. Scared the crap out of me, and it hurts a bit. I just really need to get better at those, rather than being afraid of them.

I'm home today waiting on Cox cable to show up and bury yet another cable, so I think I'll try to get some extra rest today. Sounds good right now!

3 comments:

  1. We all get days like that... Some days are better than others. Good for you for sticking it out to the end. When my mind is elsewhere I a lot of times just give up.

    I've got my three mile race to-night. Just gonna give it my best. Not trying for any PRs to-night that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't eat much yesterday either, so let's conclude that was the problem! I couldn't get anything going, neatly knocked my jaw off in the first round if thrusters. Oh well! Keep on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie,
    That has to be it - the food.
    That's scary when you hit yourself with the bar - I have seen a couple of people do that and it looks so painful. I hope you're not bruised from it!

    ReplyDelete