Thursday, April 15, 2010

Run!

Each for time of:

Run 1600 meters
Rest 3 minutes
Run 1200 meters
Rest 2 minutes
Run 800 meters
Rest 1 minute
Run 400 meters

My times:

1600m = 9:14
1200m = 7:27
800m = 4:51
400m = 2:00

Total running time: 23:32



Only three people showed for the 5 am class this morning, I guess because of the running. It doesn't matter to me what the workout is, honestly, I just need to get up and get moving every morning. Don't get me wrong - there are days when I look at the posted WOD and think for a few seconds about sleeping in because it looks too hard or too complicated, or because I'll be last to finish (heck, I'm ususally last anyway). But I know I'll be filled with regret for the entire day if I skip a WOD without a valid reason. I mean, there are days when a person's body just needs to recover, and that's a valid reason. But skipping a WOD just because it looks hard or just because I don't like running? Can't say that I have ever done that, and I probably won't.


Anyway, this workout today had me a little intimidated at first, but I went out and pushed as hard as I could, and I felt good about all of my times, so I'll call it a successful morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment