Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Feelin' Good!

3 Rounds for time of:

50 Sit-ups (unanchored)
30 Overhead walking lunge steps (Men 45 lb bumper plate, Women 25 lb bumper plate)
400 Meter run

My time: 17:56 Rx

This was a fun workout! Really a fun morning all the way around. The warmup included 5 minutes of skill work on each of the following:

Rope climbs (I actually got part way up the rope today!!)
Muscle up progressions (it'll be a while, but I love trying)
Hand Stand Push ups
L-Sits (got a couple of 9 second holds, a couple of 8's and a 7)

******
I was thinking on my drive to work, how odd (and how very nice) it is that I feel younger than I did a few years back. Oh, I'm well aware of my age, every single day. I'm soaring full speed ahead toward 47 in less than a month. But, wow! I just feel so much more alive and healthy and really, I feel younger - some days the numbers just don't make sense to me. How can I be almost 47 and yet feel like I'm about 30, both mentally and physically? I know it's not possible to turn back the clock, but it sure feels like I've done it some days. I guess the numbers don't matter, really. I'm just going to enjoy feeling amazing as long as I can!

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. I feel better than I did when I was 21. It's nice to know that I may still have many more years ahead of me. I don't get the PRs like I used to, that's fr sure, but overall, I just feel great to be alive. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Science tells us that exercise and good diet *can* actually reverse or slow the aging process. So kudos to you -- all your hard work is keeping you young! Woot! :-D

    ReplyDelete